Other Employee Magazines.
Note: Copyright of this material resides with Holden. You may freely download it for your pleasure or research, but you must obtain prior written approval from Holden Corporate Affairs Dept if you wish to use the material for any commercial purpose.
In later years, each Plant produced a local magazine for their own Plant employees. Occasionally, some of these surface and will be captured here. If at some time, a sufficient number of any one magazine is collected, a dedicated page will be provided.
Until then, here is a pot-pourri of Plant magazines.
1. GMH Monthly Chronicle (GMH Marrickville (Sydney), 1938)
(These copies of this magazine are thought to be unique, as no other copies being known to exist.)
2. Around The Bend (Holden Engine Company - Quarterly)
"Around The Bend" has re-emerged in later years as a twice monthly publication. Following are some of the issues:
2013 Vol 8
2014 Vol 9
2015 Vol 10
3. The Communicator (Elizabeth V.A.P.)
These issues courtesy of Peter Matthews, Adelaide
New Series (courtesy Stewart Underwood):
The issues following are one page, double sided, issued nominally as a weekly. Here, they are bundled into monthly groups.
4. The Comment (S.A. Fabrication)
1989 Vol 1
5. The Conveyor (Dandenong V.A.P.)
6. Newsline (GMH Automotive, Quarterly)
7. Foundry News (Fishermens Bend Foundries)
First issued on 25th October, 1983 with a circulation of 66 copies. By 1986, circulation had rised to 95 copies.
8. X Team (Engineering)
9. What's in Store (HSPO)
10. The Leader (Motor Show publications)
1993 March Melbourne International Motor Show
1995 Motor Show Edition
11. Football Record (Design Staff)
1971 August Football Record (Lines versus Draughthorses) Note: contains explicit material!
1972 August Football Record (Lines versus Draughthorses) Note: contains explicit material!